Pages

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Hello Birmingham

Hello beautiful people! I’m sorry to say that my spending ban has been broken…. well I’m not that sorry because it meant I got to go SHOPPING!  A few friends and I ventured out of our town and headed for the city of Birmingham. Unfortunately for us it wasn’t that simple. I still have no idea were it all went pete tong but I guess it boils down to us getting the wrong train. Not only did three (beautiful but not so intelligent) 17/18 year olds get the wrong train it took us a whole 50 minutes to realise. By this time we were motoring through parts of England I’ve never even heard of. To top it all off other passengers had started to catch on to our idiocy and were laughing AT us and not with us… come on everybody climb aboard the laughter train.

We ended up in a place called Tamworth which I’m sure will haunt me for years to come.  I think the picture illustrates well enough how we were feeling so I won’t go into much detail. Whilst I remember I would just like to publically apologies to mine and Sophies (on the left) mums and rest assure next time we will most definitely be hanging on to every word you have to say before one of our “big” days out. 
Our stay in Tamworth was short but not sweet and I don’t believe I will be returning any time soon. We managed to win over a train driver with our charming personalities (I was prepared to turn on the water works) to let us get on a different train that this time was heading for Birmingham. As we waved good bye to Tamworth station I knew instantly I wasn’t going to miss it.
Second time lucky we managed to make it. I was over heating my hair was frizzing but none of this mattered as our little detour had cut into some serious shopping time. If you live in England and have never experienced the beauty of shopping at the Bullring you really have been missing out and all I can say is I feel sorry for you. 
I wasn’t planning on buying much but I can get carried away, which is a bonus for you guys as it means there’s plenty more blog posts on the way. I treated my self to a few things but one of my most important and exciting purchases of the day was the Urban Decay Naked 2 pallet.  I buckled under the pressure and splurged on it but I feel greaaaaat for doing so. Before I sign off I will let you know we managed to get home safe and sound and surprisingly we didn’t take any detours this time. I think it's safe to say we may be staying a little closer to home next time. 
Thank you for reading
Loren
x

No comments:

Post a Comment