Pages

Thursday 13 June 2013

My nail polish addiction


I think its time that I come clean and tell you that I’m an addict. Now before you all start suggesting help lines and AA groups, I would just like to make it clear I’m addicted to shopping and nothing else. I just love being in and around shops come on guys its not that lame? is it?  Ok maybe it’s a little sad but I enjoy it. Another thing I need to tell you about Is I’m a bit of a collector, not in the sense that I qualify to be on channel 4’s “Obsessive Compulsive Hoarders” but I do go through phases when one thing takes over my mind and its all I seem to think about. Just under a year ago I became obsessed with nail polish, I’m not exaggerating when I say nails and nail art was all my internet history included and that’s when my collection begun. Now I realise this blog post is starting to sound a bit like therapy for me but lets just roll with it.  It was like nail polish became the pokemon and I had to catch ‘em all (a little 90’s reference for you all) Anyway one year later I have over 50 nail polishes as well as dotting tools and nail art brushes and don’t forget the special bag in which I can hide away my collection and pretend to the rest of the world that I'm normal. I guess I’ve lead you all on long enough now and its time to get down to the nitty gritty of reviewing.


 My favourite brand happens to be one of the more expensive.  O.P.I cover every single colour you could think of.  I understand £11.50 is a lot for a nail varnish however on www.fragrancedirect.co.ukyou can pick up the polishes for £3.99. O.P.I is definitely worth checking out as its one of the best chip resistant and pigmented polishes I have found. 

 


I’m a bit of a Rimmel London junkie and happen to be a big fan of their nail polishes. You can opt for the 60 seconds varnish , I love lasting finish or you can dip into their salon pro range which is a few pennies more. Now I admit some colours are not as great as others and I have found a few stain my nails where as others need a couple of layers(the pastel colours).  However retailing between £3-5 I think they are great and would recommend them to you all. Again a lot of the Rimmel collection you can pick up for £1.99 on fragrance direct.





Thank you for reading
Loren
x

p.s. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Loren, I love this post and I can tell you have a great personality! I do also have a question for you. How did you do the follow me box on the side of you blog. I have been trying to do that to my blog for ages and cannot figure it out! If you get a chance please e-mail me at glitterbugblog24.7@gmail.com and let me know! I would seriously appreciate it! Keep on writing your blog! You are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy to hear you like my blog because i've really enjoyed writing it! I've sent you an email on how to add the follow box onto blogger I hope my very vague instructions help rather than confuse you haha.

      Delete