Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

Soap and Gory

That’s right it’s a soap and glory review. Before you all start saying I’ve spelt the title wrong let me just tell you I did it on purpose because its punny! I’ve been putting this post off because I know Soap and Glory have a huge following and I’m likely to offend a few die-hard fans. But I have thought about it and not every product is going to work for every person so by throwing my bad experience with the brand out there it mixes the bag up a little.
As you should all know by now marketing really works on me, if its pink, vintage or got a funny name I’ve pretty much bought it. I generally am a fan of the Soap and Glory products but there are three in particular I’ve been disappointed with
 
Look how pretty they look just sitting there on my bedside table. Oh what an overexcited fool I was when I saw them in Boots. Another thing to know about me is if I see something I want I can’t wait for it. So of course in my pink fluffy mind I thought it was a great idea to buy them straight away. 
Im going to start with what I thought was the worst product. The gunk that came out of this tube really was gory. I use moisturizer every day before I put my foundation on so It’s important to me to have a good one. However I found the “bright here bright now” really did nothing other than dry as a greasy looking topcoat that peeled off throughout the day. It claims to be suitable for all skin types and the alarm bells should have been ringing then. What kind of magical product can work for all skin types?  Just because this product didn’t work for me doesn’t mean it wont for you. You might find it really aluminates your skin…but I highly doubt it. At £12.00 I recommend staying away from this energy balm. 
The fab pore facial peel is a nice product however I found it really did not do much for my skin at all. There were no visible changes after applying. I will use the rest of it up but I would no repurchases this product. I found it just sits on your skin until you wash it off. At £10 there are much better facial masks out there.
Another impulse buy of mine was the Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean Wash-Off Deep Cleansing Milk. I love the scent of  this product and it is very soothing however I did not find it cleansing. You only need 2 pumps and it the way it just melts into your face is nice however I have been using it for a while now and compared to other cleansers I’ve had in the past it really does not live up to them. At £8 you get a lot for your money  and it does smell incredible but  for me personally I wont be buying this again. 

Sorry for all the negativity in this post guys and before you all shoot me down I do love pretty much all other Soap and Glory products. Let me know if you’ve tried anything I have reviewed today and how you got on with it.

Thank you for reading
Loren
x

No comments:

Post a Comment