Pages

Wednesday 12 June 2013

The foundations of beauty

Hello beautiful people! I think i've caught the blogging bug because i'm back again with a foundations review. Now I may be new to the beauty world but I quickly realised there is a lot of choice on the market and finding the right foundation to suit you leads to a lot of trial and error. I have a love hate relationship with foundation. When you get it wrong it can go oh so very wrong but when you find that one perfect match for you the results can lead to flawless and healthy looking skin. Now im not going to spend much time dwelling on the the products I didn't like *cough* Rimmel,Bourjois and Maybeline *cough*... who said that?  I'm a girl who loves the natural look and I found the three foundations mentioned above would be perfect if I was going for a night out at the Sugar Hut in Essex, which surprise surprise i'm not. They have been pushed to the back of my draw and thats exactly were they will be going back to once I've finished this post.


No7 Beautifully Matte
Now with all the negativity out of the way it's time to start on the positives. No7 is my go to brand I would say price wise its middle of the road. The ladys on the counter at my local boots are absolutely lovely and will answer any of your questions. They can also do a skin match for you so you know your not going to buy something that makes you look like an ompa lumpa or go the other way and end up making you look like a china doll . I went through two bottles of the Instant Radiance foundation before I discovered it made my T-Zone very oily. If like me you have oily or combination skin I would not recommend the instant radiance unless you are desperate to create  the very fresh, dewy look. When I went back the third time I asked for a foundation which was not oil based and they recommended their "Beautifully Matte" range.I honestly haven't looked back since. It gives a medium coverage which is buildable yet still looks like your skin which I love. You can set it with powder and it wont look cakey as well as staying in place all day and being a perfect colour match I really can't find a reason why I wouldn't recommend this product to you. 

Clinique Superbalanced 
The second foundation i'm recommending was a bit of an impulse buy. I had gone to Bicester Village with my dad and dragged him around the Cosmetic Company Outlet shop for a good hour and by the time I had stumbled onto the Clinique section I could see he was trying to plan his escape. Even though I could tell he wanted to get away from the crazy women fighting for their bargains I couldn't seem to pull myself away from this particular product. I applied the tester to my face and asked my dads opinion, his response being "yeh sure, buy it" Not so convinced but feeling sorry for the only man in the shop I went ahead and payed. I wasn't expecting much when I got home and thought I can pass it of as a thoughtful gift for my mum if I didn't like it and she would be none the wiser. However there will be none of that as it has turned out to be a little gem. It's a perfect match and brilliant for combination skin girls. Clinique claim it "Provides moisture and absorbs oil where needed."  and I can vouch for that! Being on the pricier side I tend to save this foundation for days when I want to look extra fabulous. I love this product and could not recommend it enough.


Thank you for reading
Loren
x

No comments:

Post a Comment